Monday, August 13, 2012

Joe Kubert has passed on to glory at age 85.


Joe Kubert 1926 - 2012


A legend has left us, but oh what he left us with.

Joe Kubert has passed on to glory over the weekend at age 85.

I was fortunate enough to have met him and teach at his school; The Kubert School. He was a humble , generous and and fair man who was very gifted. He started this career during the Golden Age of Comics at age 12 and was still producing vital ,significant work. I tried to start mine at 13 years old. I was not as talented as he. The man showed no sign of slowing down. He truly enjoyed drawing and comics.

Everyone will have a favorite work of his as he produced so much. My favorite was his Tarzan work. Never had the jungle and Tarzan looked more savage and wild!

He has left a great legacy with his body of work, his family, school and students.

Thanks Joe!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment.

I always like to read your comments.