Saturday, December 14, 2013

Do You Want to Sell Merchandise With Celebrity Images?

You can and you can’t sell celebrity images.



Right of publicity laws prohibit you from commercially exploiting a person's name and image. 

On the other hand, the first amendment grants you certain freedoms to express yourself as an artist with so-called informational or "communicative" uses -- for example, original artwork, articles, books or documentaries.  

Each state has its own laws and rulings, the trend has been to permit limited edition art prints.

You can find out more here at Dear Rich: An Intellectual Property Blog

Let me know if this information has been helpful to  you and please share it.

read next -  How much do you get paid?
previous - The Magic of Cartoonists

Keep reading and follow me. If you have found this helpful, please let me know and share with other creators. Are the explanations clear and complete? Feel free to ask me questions.

Remember… Just Create!

If you are interested in further expanding your knowledge, then I recommend these books.

You can support this blog when you purchase a book by clicking the link below, I get a piece of the action and helps me to continue doing this blog. Support an artist today.

copyright 2013 H. Simpson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment.

I always like to read your comments.