Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Don't Maroon Your Animals: Learn to Draw Them Too

We all love the zoo as kids. Now as adult artists, we can love them for the opportunity to draw them live. I was always disappointed at the lazy lions, because I came to see them move. Now that would be an advantage to get a long pose, while I draw. Draw your pets. Draw your dogs, cats, birds, fish, snakes and hamsters at play and rest.
Check out these animal anatomy books
Now add books to study the anatomy and we fill in an overlooked area that is a weak spot for most artists. Animals don't have the same muscular structure as human.

Here are some recommended books to buy or read. I say read, because, if once again, you have an excuse that you can't afford to buy them, then you can use the library for free.

Buying any of these books I recommend below, gives me a little kick back and helps support me doing the blog.

to be continued…

previous - A Word About Books
read next - Betty Davis Gave Good Face

Follow and subscribe to me. I also would like to see your comments. Is this helpful to you? Are the explanations clear and complete?

Please support me making video tutorials on Patreon

If you are interested in further expanding your knowledge, then I recommend these books.

You can support this blog when you purchase a book by clicking the link below, I get a piece of the action and helps me to continue doing this blog. Support an artist today.

Remember… Just create!


copyright 2016 H. Simpson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment.

I always like to read your comments.